Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Prayin for Daylight

"You know what? I am actually not that much into voting. I think it's kinda crazy that a woman is running, because I think that women deal with a lot of emotions and menopause and PMS and stuff. Like, I'm so moody all the time, I know I couldn't be able to run a country, 'cause I'd be crying one day and yelling at people the next day, ya know?"

- Brooke Hogan

Not that I ever though Brooke Hogan had some sort of massive intelligence behind her appearance in the media, but I always give the benefit of the doubt. A friend sent me this quote a few weeks ago and I'm just now dwelling on it. Brooke Hogan is becoming a media role model for young girls, whether she likes it or not, because she was a judge on America's Prom Queen and she has her own television show--both of which are watched by young teenage girls who are largely influenced by the media. Uggggggh! She wasted her breath after she was asked who she was voting for in the election, because this comment has done no one any good. Thank God for Rock the Vote and Declare Yourself, organizations who work hard to get young people at the polls, because as much as I hate to admit it, so much of America is influenced by the shiny people we see on tv.

No comments: