Sunday, September 7, 2008

1 John 3:18

"Dear children, we must not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions."


This is why we have to choose to always love each other.

But where is the line between caring for our own wellbeing and putting others before ourselves? If we don't care for ourselves, then eventually we will no long be able to help those around us.

I care a hell of a lot for my friends and I try so hard to show it. Since I do my best, I expect those that love me to do their best too and when I feel unloved or let down, I become bitter and I stop doing those things. It's made me become unthoughtful and selfish.

I need to choose to start loving again. Without expectations. Bitterness helps no one.

2 comments:

AJ said...

Awesome

Anonymous said...

I agree Jenna. We all struggle. I'm definitely willing to admit I do. Keep being strong.